Monday, August 6, 2012

they told me i was a failure


My weekends were spent in town, wasn't academically productive at all. Spent my saturday cooped up at a bookstore indulging myself in books. It has been a really long time since I spent hours trawling through the shelves to find a good read. And i did :) Be The Worse You Can Be is such a quirky and eccentric book, i'm in love with it hehe but sadly, i was unable to purchase it. Reading it brought me to a world where people don't really care about your opinions and views. Its a non-judgemental place where you have your freedom of speech. One of my favourite quotes I picked up from the book was 'I do not believe in fate. I do not believe your destiny is controlled by you. I do not believe that you can shape the outcome of your life. People are tossed about in a capricious sea of unknowable , indiscriminate circumstances. Some drown. Some survive. Some thrive.'

That sentence really caught my attention as i was flipping through the gold pages of the book. How ones future seems so bleak and we're unable to foresee what the future lies. We can't shape our future, cuz we're constantly in this pool of unknowingness. We're vulnerable, we're fragile and hence, some people may thrive or some may drown. This is merely my opinion, i mean no offence or harm so please do not take it the wrong way. :)

Next, I'm here to do a dedication post so if you have no interest in reading a paragraph long where i express my gratitude to a certain someone, you're free to leave this page :)


My sister :) I miss her presence in school, I miss all the things we did together in school and I miss her :( Ever since she graduated, going back and forth to the jail house has been horrible. I miss hugging her whenever i see her, i miss her lending me spare cash and i miss her presence so much. She talks to me about my studies and she'll always be there when i'm upset over my scores. I miss how I know I'll always have someone beside me in school and how she'll just be there for me. She has graduated now and she tells me stories about life in poly :) I miss my sister :( I really do and I love her so much :)

No comments:

Post a Comment