Monday, May 28, 2012

FIS OCIP Siem Reap, Cabodia 2012 part 2:)













OCIP, FIS Siem Reap, Cambodia 2012 part 2 :)

OCIP 2012 was an amazing trip. It really taught me so much, beyond just powerpoints, textbooks and what not. I was extremely apprehensive about heading to siem reap for OCIP but now that it has ended, I really wish to rewind time to a week ago. Meeting the kids and experiencing the life in cambodia has made me a more contented person :) I was honestly, genuinely happy while my time there. I love the smile of the kids :) Thier smile brightens up my day and it made me realise that my presence there means so much to them. For once I felt needed and wanted by these little kids that I  knew over a span of 3 days. The 3 days spent with them made me really happy, it made me come to my senses that even if the whole world is against me, these children will still smile at my existence.

And all I want is for my little babies to grow up well with a good education. That they won't have to worry aboiut tomorrow but instead live every single day to its fullest knowing that there'll be a tomorrow :) Siem Reap is such a beautiful country. It brought me back to the 1980s of Singapore. I adore its simplicity and how easy-going life is there. Without civilisation for a week is liberating and I felt so at ease though we got scolded almost veryday, so much memories have been made :) Our toilet door which can't close properly making shitting such an awkward action, eating dinner with the halal, vegetarian and chinese, being late for devotion, having retarded conversations in the bus, teaching the kids, attempting to wake my roomie up, eating packed food etc etc etc. I'll never forget this wonderful experience, its truly, beyond amazing :')

No comments:

Post a Comment