Monday, March 26, 2012

"I just like ordinary things" -Andy Warhol









Went to the art and science museum on sunday to view the Andy Warhol museum with gwen and joslin! :) The museum is fascinating. His works are truly amazing. And i really loved all his quirky and eccentric quotes, they're mind-blowing. The way he portrays such ordinary things into a whole new level is extraordinary. We were amazed by how his unfinished paintings were still awed and loved by many. And we were envious of the screen print they had at the museum, if we had one of those our layouts would be a breeze. 

My mind was having multiple revelations each time i fixed my eyes on his works, my mind teemed with ideas and i started to think that originality these days are losing its essence. This weekend made me reflect a whole lot. My friend talked me into living life the way i want  and to not be affected by expectations of others. Hey, I don't live to please their expectations. I never once thought of living to be happy. I was always thinking of ways to get all my work done and to make sure all expectations are met. Maybe, just maybe, its time for me to live as free as my hair. To do the things i like and to be actually, genuinely contented about it.

This is just one of the few revelations i had, there's more but if i type each word out, you guys would probably need some caffeine to keep you awake. 

Gave school a miss today (i needed a getaway so so bad) and i'm heading back with a clearer mind, i hope :)

No comments:

Post a Comment